an InfoPond service
GeoCodes by InfoPond
- A GeoCode is a printed code typically affixed to a wall.
- The public can scan a GeoCode — using the freely available InfoPond phone app — to display specific information unique to that GeoCode.
- GeoCodes are generated by, and relevant data links managed by, InfoPond cloud services.
Use InfoPond GeoCodes to trigger display of:
- Content located on our cloud servers.
- Content located on your servers.
- Your video on YouTube.
- Your Publication, formatted for cell-phone, created and hosted via InfoPond.
- Information pages which can be auto-translated to twelve languages if hosted on InfoPond.
- Visitors to you venue/exhibition/region to easily trigger display of specific media.
- Your audience to see info wherever they are located at the time.
- Free service to the public.
- Free to information providers for low volume usage.
- Free to information providers for high volume use for trial, then nominal fee.
- No need for public to download separate App for each event/venue/info-provider.
- Operate indoors and out — anywhere with data coverage.
- Take only a few minutes to create — you must be registered with InfoPond first.
- Exhibition organises can provide info about exhibition, exhibitors and What’s On in 12 languages.
- Libraries can “surface content” at relevant location, e.g. access info/images of Ned Kelly at Old Melbourne Goal courtyard.
- Event organisers can provide info such as “Calendar of Events” to visitors.
- Museums and Galleries can inform visitors about artefacts.
- City Councils can inform public about localities and nearby services — in 12 languages.
- Heritage Society can surface archived information including images and info.
- Dormant Government archives can be brought to life via automated remote access.
- Art tours can be enriched via additional details about artists.
- Location specific InfoPond articles may be auto-accessed in the field.
Do you wish to contribute content?
To apply for Contributor status to contribute an Article please download the InfoPond app and use the “Contributor” option located under the app’s config menu.