Register & Start Publishing ~ Read This First
Rights, Privileges and Registering
The following describes the roles of InfoPond users including rights, privileges and the ownership of articles written by users.
- Every Organisation (Org) must have one user.
- Every user must belong to an Org.
- So when registering you must enter the name the Org to belong to, or create an Org to belong to.
- If no Org is nominated then we use the Publishers name as the Org name.
- The first user in every Org is auto-assigned the role of Publisher.
- Additional Publishers, Editors and Authors (Users) can subscribe to an Org if the Publisher agrees.
- Once registered, Publishers can invite additional users to register and join their Org using the “Account” section located top right when logged in. The Publisher must also purchase additional user licenses.
- Users can only belong to one Org.
- Users in the same Org can work with Articles written by others in the same Org and with syndicated Articles from outside their Org.
- Articles effectively are the property of the Org to which the user belongs when creating the article.
- If a user leaves an Org their Articles remain accessible by and may be published by users in that Org, not the user who wrote the article and left the Org.
- In most cases the above reflects real life scenarios of publishers, editors and authors/journalists.
User’s Rights and Roles
Product Bundles and Pricing Options
- To best understand this section please read “Rights, Privileges and Registering” above, first.
- Each user must belong to an Org, even if there is just one user. So new users start by purchasing a package for either a
- New Organisation (which includes one new Publisher user), or
- New Additional User (for an existing Organisation).
- A table summarising product packages is available here
- Each product package includes a quota for pages and downloads as described here. This link also displays how to purchase additions to included quotas.
Create Articles First, Then Create a Front Page
- To create your first Publication – Front Page – you must have a few Articles and optionally one or more Promos (advertisements) in your library to display in your publication.
- If you haven’t yet done so, purchase a user license, register as a Publisher, define your Org’s name and login.
- Your library of Articles, Front Pages, Promos and Panels is accessed via the menu across the top of the page – displayed when you log in.
- Start by creating a few Articles. We have a video describing how to create Articles.
- In the library of Articles you will see Articles written by Authors, Editors and Publishers in your Org. Additionally, where available, you will see Articles written by users outside your Org. These are Syndicated articles – the author has made their article available to all publishers and editors to use in their publications.
- Once there are say 3 to 6 Articles in your library you are ready to create your first Front Page publication. We have a video describing how to create Front Pages
- You will also find Promos and Panels appear in your library after we create them for your publication as part of the commercial advertising package commercially available to every Org. You place Promos and Panels in to your Front Page using the same layout process you see in the video on how to create Front Pages above
Create a Custom Web Address (URL) For Your Front Page
- We Support Your Branding.
- Each Front Page is automatically allocated a unique URL which the public can enter into their browser to go to the Front Page. For example https://infopond.net/frontpageview/844/en
- To support your branding, a publisher can request us to create 2 custom URL extensions per organisation, both point to the same Front Page.
- The chosen name must reflect the name/brand of the publication. For examples https://infopond.net/AcmeSoccerClub and https://infopond.net/ams
- The public can enter/bookmark your customer URL and easily get to your Front Page.
- If you have a website you can also configure a URL on your website to redirect to your custom URL on InfoPond. For example, redirect www.AcmeSoccerClub.com/News to https://infopond.net/AcmeSoccerClub
- Your custom URL is displayed to Editors and Publishers under Front Page -> Edit -> Web Feeds -> Public Home Page.
Training Videos – Front Page Publishing
Training Videos – Event Publishing
- We log the clicks each Article, Promo and Front Page receives – in each language.
- Publishers may request a report of this info be generated and emailed to them once per week.
- Like may service providers, our reports are generated “off peak” such that the heavy processing involved in generating reports does not burden the delivery of live services.
Contribute Articles & Syndication
Write and Contribute Articles Without Registering
There are two ways to contribute an article without registering:
- 1. Click the “Contribute” button located at the base of each Front Page publication created using InfoPond. An article creation page is presented in which you may write your article. Click the Submit option to make the completed article available to the publisher. This enables Contributors to potentially be published in any Front Page publication
- 2. The Publisher of each Front Page can use the Invite option (located in the menu, top right) to email an invitation to an unregistered author. By clicking the enclosed link an article creation page is presented in which the author may write an article. Click the Submit option to make the completed article available to the publisher.
- Contributing articles in either of these manners enables an author to write for multiple publications: publications that invite them; and publications selected via the Contribute button.
Register, Then Write Articles For Your Organisation
- Signup with InfoPond as an author, editor or publisher – each role can author articles.
- Login and select Create Article. We have a video how to create Articles.
- When done, click Submit and your article is saved and auto-translated into 13 other languages.
- Allow ten to fifteen minutes for translation to complete – this varies dependant upon activity across the platform. Once translated you can use the language options to view your article in other languages.
- Articles written by registered authors, editors and publishers can only be seen and published by editors and publishers in the same Organisation as the entity who wrote the article, unless the author decides to make their article available for syndication by checking on the option “Enable Publishers & Editors to Locate Article”. This is displayed in each Article when in create/edit mode.
- Also check out the knowledge-base article below which describes Syndication.
Syndicate – Enable Others to Publish Your Articles
- Why syndicate your articles? By syndicating your articles you increase the potential reach and readership of your articles. Articles that are syndicated are visible to InfoPond publishers and editors in all organisations and they can publish syndicated articles in their publications.
- How to syndicate your articles? Syndication is easy. When creating or editing an article, simply check on the option to “Enable Publishers & Editors to Locate Article”.
Languages and Translation
- We translate all Articles from English to 13 languages – at no cost to our users.
- We support Chinese Simplified & Traditional, Italian, Greek, Vietnamese, Hindi, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Indonesian, Korean, Malay and English.
- Authors can create Articles in any of the 14 supported languages.
- We also translate between any of the 14 languages.
- This services leverages commercial Artificial Intelligence translation services.
- Users can curate (review and edit) the translated content of articles they have written in any language, change the translated content as they wish, then lock the article such that the article (in the curated language) will not be updated by any subsequent automated processes.
We are on track to release our commercial translation services “Translation Path” in Quarter 4, 2021. Authors will be able to select to translate Articles for free using commercial grade Artificial Intelligence, or select to translate Articles using Human Intelligence for a fee.
Publishers: Display Your Sponsor’s Ads – Generate Revenue
- Unlike many on-line services, we do not display ads in your publications.
- But you can choose to display ads from your sponsors and generate revenue for your Org.
- We provide the credit card merchant, accounting, finished art and layout services required to enable your Org to generate income from your sponsor’s ads.
- We bill the advertiser, provide credit card options, reconcile accounts, then settle payment to the publisher for a flat fee (credit card merchant fees also apply).
- If required, we provide finished art layout services for the advertiser for a small fee based on expended time. We provide up-front artwork costings to your advertiser after we receive their unfinished art.
Advertising in Front Pages is a cost effective way to reach vertical markets such as locality-based audiences.
- Simply contact the publisher or editor of the Front Page publication in the desired region by clicking the relevant link in the publication.
- Select an ad type, position, period and negotiate the fee.
- Click the ad link on our home page or here to get it happening: upload you ad content then pay via credit card.
- InfoPond provide the financial services: bill the advertiser and provide credit card options, reconcile accounts then settle payment to the publisher.
- If required we provide finished art layout services for advertisers for a small fee based on expended time; and we provide up front artwork costings to advertisers after we receive any unfinished art.
Ad types, formats and artwork sizes
- Feature Ad – Custom Content – Banner Style – Artwork dimension 900Wx115H.
- Feature Ad – Custom Content – Panel Style – Artwork dimension 345Hx322W.
- Classified Ad – Two lines of text – Fixed Format Panel Style – Artwork dimension 345Hx322W.
Terms and Conditions
- Privacy, Publisher, Editor, Author, Translator agreement can be found here
IOS & Android App Agreements
- IOS Application Use can be found here (currently not publicly released).
- Android Application Use can be found here (currently not publicly released).